Re: Unapprove F-Droid like Replicant?

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: Unapprove F-Droid like Replicant?
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 01:31:53 -0400

On Sat, 16 Sep 2023 07:21:44 +0200 Narcis wrote:
> +1
>
> With APT it's also possible to use non-free repositories and to install
> non-free software. And it's being done.

you were not very clear about that - you comment suggests to keep the entry,
because the repo(s) it accesses is configurable - but the question asked is
"should we delete the entry?" - did you intend that +1 for "delete it" or "keep
it", or maybe you were just generally agreeing with my remarks?

my general suggestion is to keep it; but make it only for the server - remove
mentions of the repo and client  - except maybe: "this server software may
be accesses by an android "app", which does not have it's own FSD entry, because
the FSD does not list android software" (im not sure if that last part is true
though) - if the FSD does list android software, i would make a separate entry
for it (with the warning i suggested)