Gdb debugger issue on M1 Mac

From: Arun Thomas M
Subject: Gdb debugger issue on M1 Mac
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 08:20:38 +0530

Dear Team,

I have downloaded and installed Docker for Apple Silicon on my
impressive M1 Mac. I could successfully install Ubuntu (linux/amd64).
Then I installed C and C++. Everything went well. Then I wrote a
simple C code ‘Hello World’. It generated the result. But when I tried
to run GNU’s gdb debugger, it showed errors that there were no
breakpoints. After running ‘gdb tst’, error generated was "Temporary
breakpoint 1 at 0x1149: file test.c, line 2. Starting program: /tst,
Warning: Could not trace the inferior process. Warning: trace:
Function not implemented. During startup program exited with code 127.
(gdb)

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Arun