Re: Software that requires hardware that requires nonfree software to us

From: Ade Malsasa Akbar
Subject: Re: Software that requires hardware that requires nonfree software to use
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 20:57:00 +0700

Not related to this discussion, but thank you David Hedlund for citing
that Cybernews article. If it were true, it would be a very serious
issue in my opinion. I cite the article:

"To quote the security guide we printed on tens of thousands of
unsecured printers, “here’s how”: [...]
3. Update your printer firmware to the latest version. Printer
manufacturers regularly fix known vulnerabilities in the firmware for
the devices they produce [...]"

Sincerely yours,

Ade Malsasa Akbar