Re: FSD as a Git repository

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: FSD as a Git repository
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 13:55:44 -0400

Michael McMahon writes:

> I think mediawiki is more accessible than git.

The FSD as a MediaWiki has know accessibility issues with text browsers.
<https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Collection_talk:Text_mode_browsers,_and_IceCat_WebExtensions_for_text_editors>

> I love git, but most people do not know how to use it.

This could be mitigated by providing people with a Git tutorial for how
to contribute to the FSD if it was a Git repository.

> Most people are also not restricted to only using a terminal.

If someone is using a FSDG operating system
<https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html>
and their GPU requires nonfree software then they will not be able to
use a graphical environment.

> Did you try a Mozilla based browser yet such as IceCat or troubleshoot
> why qutebrowser was not working when it was working for others?

I can get qutebrowser to work if JavaScript and cookies are enabled in
the configuration.  This may not be an option for people are using a
FSDG operating system with a GPU that requires nonfree software.

> Did you try other ways to use emacs with mediawiki that are not eww?

Testing the options in this list would help with that question.
<https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Collection_talk:Text_mode_browsers,_and_IceCat_WebExtensions_for_text_editors>