Re: Browsing and contributing to the directory with Emacs

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: Browsing and contributing to the directory with Emacs
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 14:48:18 -0400

quiliro@riseup.net writes:

> Yuchen Pei <hi@ypei.me> writes:
>
>> quiliro@riseup.net writes:
>>
>>> Is there a way to browse and contribute to the free software
>>> directory
>>> with only Emacs?  It would be very accessible to people with vision
>>> disability.  In fact, it would be accessible to all.  The more
>>> graphic
>>> view could be the result of a query.
>>
>> One way to rephrase this question is if there are (semantic) mediawiki
>> clients on emacs. A quick search in list-packages of gnu and nongnu
>> elpa says no.
>
> Perhaps Melpa has some free software package.

There is mediawiki-el. <https://github.com/hexmode/mediawiki-el>
mediawiki-el is licensed under the AGPL version 3.
<https://github.com/hexmode/mediawiki-el/blob/932497604fd417964e4f04614e28d96f4eee028e/LICENSE>

mediawiki-el is available as a MELPA package.
<https://melpa.org/#/mediawiki>

I have not tried mediawiki-el yet so I do not know how well it would do
for interacting with the FSD.