Re: Browsing and contributing to the directory with Emacs

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: Browsing and contributing to the directory with Emacs
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 14:33:53 -0400

David Hedlund writes:

> See
> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Participate#Edit_the_FSD_with_text_editors.2Fbrowsers
> for software that can be used to edit the wiki with text editors/browsers.

<https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Participate#Edit_the_FSD_with_text_editors.2Fbrowsers>
link to
<https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Collection:Text_mode_browsers,_and_IceCat_WebExtensions_for_text_editors>

Emacs's built in web browser EWW is listed on that page.

However using EWW I am unable to sign in to the FSD.  When I try with
qutebrowser I have to change my configurations to allow JavaScript and cookies
and then I am able to sign in and make edits.