Re: hackint IRC channel for FSD

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: hackint IRC channel for FSD
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 18:16:46 -0500

bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> writes:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 00:18:12 -0500 quiliro@riseup.net wrote:
>> Does Libera require Javascript as does Freenode for webchat?
>
> it looks to me that they both use the same web-chat software:
> 'kiwi-irc' - why is that important though? - people can use any
> client they prefer to connect to either network, no?

Yes.  But it is not good to push users to a service that requires Google
captcha for security and privacy reasons.

Javascript in the browser has freedom concerns that end users do not
know about also.  Their default action is to trust.  But this is not
good.  The default should be not to trust.  So the javascript bad in
that way.