Re: Problems with shortcuts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Problems with shortcuts
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 10:20:03 +0000

On Sat, 2023-02-04 at 10:35 +0100, gerard.nollez@free.fr wrote:

> > That's very strange indeed - I'm not sure how flatpak works but I
> > would
> > have imagined our machines are executing the same code - does the
> > same
> > failure to render accents occur with the command:
>
> Yes, same failure for Markings/Text Symbols and also Titles.

So this means that the routines that Denemo uses to take the input and
generate the Denemo Directive are misreading/writing. IIRC they use a
collection of functions that handle wide characters, these should be
identical between the flatpak image I download and yours - I would be
clutching at straws to suggest how the output could differ...

> > Well this is a tedious sort of workaround, not what I would call a
> > solution.
>
> Indeed, especially since it doesn't work for Titles which cannot be
> changed in the Lilypond view.

Well, it *can* be changed in the LilyPond view but you have to make a
customised score layout (by clicking on the "Score Layout Options"
button in the LilyPond View) but this then "freezes" the layout of your
score - you have to make any further edits to titles etc directly in
the LilyPond View.

> > It may be that whatever is causing the trouble will get fixed ...
>
> Without uninstalling my flatpak version, I tried an alternative:
> download and run the AppImage,but he refuse to start, without any
> error message (of course I maked it executable).

The AppImage is getting out of date now - I stopped building it when
the flatpak version came along.

> Other alternative: should I try to load and run the binary package?
Which binary package? The most promising would be

http://www.denemo.org/~aschneider/daily/

if your o/s is a Debian derivative.

> Do I have to uninstall the flatpak version before?

No, flatpak is entirely self-contained - indeed it seems to include
LilyPoond.