Re: Staff Names: some comments

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: Staff Names: some comments
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 19:29:20 +0000

Hi Richard: It looks as if the individual instruments should be easy to add (sort of, as my midi is not VERY tone-accurate).

The staff-range lo & hi are presumably what is used to register notes "out of range of instrument"
I assume "0" is Middle C since a flute starts there. Guitar would start 12 notes below Middle C which isย  G and rise to the first D on the top string (which wouldn't give many rock guitarists much scope). The piccolo must start on D transposed up an octave; the Alto Sax start on -1 + (transpose) -9 or 10 notes below middle C which would be an E (flat) as expected.
And the midi programme number is tabulated somewhere.

But are the rest of the items significant; has figures and has fake chords mean nothing to me.
Midi channel presumably is decided by denemo, since when I change it I get a complaint!
Is this a case of its being set by an (If (number=true) then use number, else use default) process?

There are only 4-5 "Brass instruments" given a midi channel; I assume that, for example, a cornet would use a "trumpet" midi with a different range.

I am happy to do the basic ones if you wish. And I'd correct the guitars to have the right names (the acoustic guitar comes in a Steel Guitar) and a larger range.
Best wishes
Joe