[Demexp-dev] Google Summer of Code 2007

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 15:24:15 +0100

Hello,

If we want to apply to Google Summer of Code 2007, we need to answer
following questions before the 12th of March. Any help would be
appreciated.

The application is done here with a Google account (I have one):
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/web/gsoc-mentor-organization-application-how-to

About Your Organization         ^ back to top

  1.

     What is your Organization's Name?

  2.

     What is your Organization's Homepage?

  3.

     Describe your organization.

  4.

     Why is your organization applying to participate in GSoC 2007?
What do you hope to gain by participating?

  5.

     Did your organization participate in GSoC 2005 or 2006? If so,
please summarize your involvement and the sucesses and failures of
your student projects. (optional)

  6.

     If your organization has not previously participated in GSoC,
have you applied in the past? If so, for what year(s)? (optional)

  7.

     What license does your project use?

  8.

     URL for your ideas page

  9.

     What is the main development mailing list for your organization?

 10.

     Where is the main IRC channel for your organization?

 11.

     Does your organization have an application template you would
like to see students use? If so, please provide it now. (optional)

 12.

     Who will be your backup organization administrator? Please enter
their Google Account address. We will email them to confirm, your
organization will not become active until they respond. (optional)

About Your Mentors      ^ back to top

  1.

     What criteria did you use to select these individuals as
mentors? Please be as specific as possible.

  2.

     Who will your mentors be? Please enter their Google Account
address separated by commas. If your organization is accepted we will
email each mentor to invite them to take part. (optional)

About The Program       ^ back to top

  1.

     What is your plan for dealing with disappearing students?

  2.

     What is your plan for dealing with disappearing mentors?

  3.

     What steps will you take to encourage students to interact with
your project's community before, during and after the program?

  4.

     What will you do to ensure that your accepted students stick
with the project after GSoC concludes?

Best wishes,
d.