Re: [Demexp-dev] zPhone of Philip Zimmermann

From: William D. Neumann
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] zPhone of Philip Zimmermann
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:04:05 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, David MENTRE wrote:

 - it uses an new approach (to my knowledge) to authentication and
confidentiality:

That sound like it's based on (or possibly the same as, I'd have to reread the paper) a scheme presented by Serge Vaudenay at Crypto'05. If anyone is interested, the paper can be found at <http://lasecwww.epfl.ch/php_code/publications/search.php?ref=Vau05a>

William D. Neumann

---

"There's just so many extra children, we could just feed the
children to these tigers. We don't need them, we're not doing anything with them.

Tigers are noble and sleek; children are loud and messy."

        -- Neko Case

Life is unfair.  Kill yourself or get over it.
        -- Black Box Recorder