Re: [Demexp-dev] Mandriva package ?

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Mandriva package ?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:43:39 +0100

Hi,

David MENTRE wrote:

> You should have the file "threads.cmxa" in the thread/ directory in
> the standard library (in my case on Cygwin
> /usr/lib/ocaml/thread/threads.cmxa).

Got it:

address@hidden tmp]$ ocamlopt -v
The Objective Caml native-code compiler, version 3.08.3
Standard library directory: /usr/lib/ocaml
address@hidden tmp]$ ls /usr/lib/ocaml/threads/
condition.cmi  event.cmi  mutex.cmi  thread.cmi  threads.a
threads.cmxa    threadUnix.cmx
condition.cmx  event.cmx  mutex.cmx  thread.cmx  threads.cma  threadUnix.cmi

> $ cat > toto.ml
> let f a = a + 1
>
> $ ocamlopt -thread threads.cmxa toto.ml

Works nicely:

address@hidden tmp]$ cat toto.ml
let f a = a + 1
address@hidden tmp]$ ocamlopt -thread threads.cmxa toto.ml
address@hidden tmp]$

However:

address@hidden tmp]$ ocamlfind ocamlopt -thread toto.ml
ocamlfind: ocamlopt does not support multi-threaded programs for your
configuration

Strange. I'll recompile findlib again, to make sure I really compiled it
against the new compiler.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--