Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.1.4 released, Dazuko 2.3.9 released

From: jim burns
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.1.4 released, Dazuko 2.3.9 released
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:07:26 -0400

On Mon March 28 2011 12:31:51 PM Lino Sanfilippo wrote:
> > I am happy to see that there is now an official userspace interface
> > for file access control in mainline Linux: Fanotify. I hope that the
> > Dazuko community is able to embrace this new interface and also work
> > together with the Linux community to improve it further.
> >
> > John Ogness
>
> Hi John,
>
> as a member of the dazuko community I would like to thank you for
> providing us
> all with the possibility of file access interception by means of dazuko
> and also for your
> support and help during all the years.
> Even more since in the last years you did this all in your free time.

Hi, Lino. Any plans for antivir using fanotify? Even tho' dazukofs 3.1.4
compiles and loads fine on kernel 2.6.37 (openSuSE 11.4), antivir ends up with
a lot of defunct processes, and 100% cpu on the remaining ones. I suppose this
is to be expected since 3.1.4 only officially supports 2.6.36.

If this is not the correct list for this news, feel free to redirect me.

And yes, John, your support over the years has been greatly appreciated.
Antivir and dazuko(fs) has been the only combination I've needed for many
years now, and I'd like to continue to use them.

Thanx.