[Dazuko-devel] fanotify is coming...

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] fanotify is coming...
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:11:11 +0200

Hi,

The access notification method "fanotify" from Eric Paris is well on
its way into the mainline kernel. I encourage you to read/follow its
development, as it will probably show up in mainline soon.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/7/24/242

fanotify will be able to provide the same file access control
capabilities as DazukoFS. From what I can tell, the only things that
are currently missing/different in fanotify are:

- no support for groups (yet)
- not possible to recursively watch a single directory (yet)
- registered processes must be (and remain) root

The work on fanotify is getting a lot of excellent feedback.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer