Re: Re: [Dazuko-devel] patch 7 for dazukofs release 3.0.0

From: Lino Sanfilippo
Subject: Re: Re: [Dazuko-devel] patch 7 for dazukofs release 3.0.0
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:08:17 +0200

John Ogness schrieb:
Thank you for the patches. If I apply these to DazukoFS 3.0.0 (to
create a 3.0.1 version), the following patches currently included with
DazukoFS 3.0.0 will no longer apply:

patch-linux-2.6.16
patch-linux-2.6.18
patch-linux-2.6.20
patch-linux-2.6.22
patch-linux-2.6.24
patch-linux-2.6.26
patch-opensuse-11.0
patch-opensuse-11.1
patch-ubuntu-8.10

Should I post a 3.0.1 release candidate with only your patches applied
and without these other patches included?

John

Hi John,

if you post a new release candidate I suggest to include also the patches
for the other kernel versions. I would like to help you with that:
If you tell me which of the patches I posted you want to include (maybe not all of them make sense to you or are the solution that you would prefer? For example patch 5 excludes the notification of non-regular files open events, which might not be the way dazukofs should work from your point of view...), I could prepare patches for the other
kernel versions with those bug fixes included.
Since I have most of these kernels/OSes available I could verify that the patches
compile and install properly.
Of course, finally it is up to you when to release a new version and what this should
include.

Greetings,
Lino

Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter: Tjark Auerbach
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Tettnang
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 630992
ALLGEMEINE GESCHÄFTSBEDINGUNGEN
Es gelten unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen
(AGB). Sie finden sie in der jeweils gültigen Fassung
im Internet unter http://www.avira.de/agb