Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.6.27 kernels

From: Ann Davis
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.6.27 kernels
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:21:08 -0600

Frantisek Hrbata wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:14:08 -0600
Ann Davis <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I noticed the device API changed (again) in 2.6.27. :-( Are there plans to have dazuko 2.3.6 support the 2.6.27 kernels? It looks like linux_dev_conf, dazuko_linux.c, dazuko_linux26.c and dazuko_redirfs.c will have to change.

Hi,

here is a quick patch for dazuko + redirfs which allows dazuko to run
on 2.6.27 kernel. The patch is made against the dazuko-2.3.6-pre2 release
and tested with the redirfs 0.3 release. Just copy this patch to the
dazuko-2.3.6-pre2 source dir and run "patch -p1 < dazuko_redirfs_2.6.27.patch".

Some details about this patch.

1) Reflects move of the semaphore.h header.

2) Changes dazukoflt priority - irrelevant.

3) Dazuko uses open instead of permission function.
   This has one side effect. Dazuko is not able to
   distinguish open and exec events. Anyway exec events
   are send as open events.

4) Reflected changes in the device_create interface and some
   cleanup.

5) Proper class_destroy

This patch definitely needs John's review but for now it may help
to run dazuko on 2.6.27 with redirfs.

-FH

This patch is very helpful, much better about it than the hack I put in place just for compiling. :-) I look forward to John's review.

Thanks,

Ann