Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.3.1-pre1 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.3.1-pre1 posted
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:49:34 +0200

Tikka, Sami wrote:
> Are the ON_EXEC events disabled on purpose when using syscall hooking on
> Linux 2.6? It looks like the code supports exec events from syscall hooks.
>
> I tweaked the configure script to allow ON_EXEC events and a quick test seems
> to indicate they are working properly.

You are right. Thanks for pointing this out. Since I do all development on:

Linux 2.6 (ppc)
Linux 2.6 (x86_64)
Linux 2.4 (i686)

I didn't actually have a chance to test the situation with:

Linux 2.6 (i686)

I have made the change in CVS and it will be included in the next
pre-release. It's actually a bit tricky, which is why I decided to use
NOOP cases to help simplify the logic. The new version also includes
comments for each case. ;)

$ env CVS_RSH="ssh" cvs -z3 \
-d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/dazuko \
co dazuko