[Dazuko-devel] finding a sponser for the dazuko kernel module debian pac

From: Kai-Cheung Leung
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] finding a sponser for the dazuko kernel module debian package
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 12:52:11 +1200

The dazuko website stated the difficulties in finding a sponser willing to
take the dazuko debian package to the repository.  However I have an idea
here:  You should contain the Debian development team of the clamav deb
package - another open-source anti-virus package which uses dazuko and I
guess they would be very keen to see dazuko entering the official debian
repository, and therefore will be very willing to look after the dazuko
kernel package if we let them to.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/clamav.html

However the only catch is that at present, the module in the dazuko-2.0.6
kernel package CANNOT stack properly with the capability module provided
in the kernel-image package.  Therefore we must clean this up before
seeking the clamav guys for sponsering.  This can be done by one of the
ways:

- fixing the stacking problem in the dazuko module (is this already done
on 2.1.0-pre7?)

- including a script in our package to ensure that dazuko is loaded before
capability

I wish you every success in getting dazuko into the Debian repository.

Kai-Cheung Leung (Mr.)