Re: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko's capabilities

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko's capabilities
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 20:09:44 +0100

John Richard Moser wrote:
I may need to have the ability to delay an execve() until replacing the
binary being executed; or I may wish to trap access to non-existant
files, particularly header files, so that they may be installed on demand.

Hi,

You'll have to see if Dazuko will work ok for this. In theory it should be ok. With the 2.4 Linux kernel it will probably work better than with the 2.6 kernel (because Dazuko uses LSM for 2.6).

In the upcoming 2.1.0 version of Dazuko there will be a new stackable filesystem called DazukoFS available. This offers much more refined control of file access and would be much more appropriate for this type of application (in my opinion). The first usable version of DazukoFS should be available in February.

Until then I would recommend doing your experimentation using a 2.4 kernel.

Please let me know if you get it working. I am always interested in non-anti-virus applications being used with Dazuko.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer