[Dazuko-devel] 2.0.3 released

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.3 released
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 00:41:50 +0200

Hi,

I have finally released version 2.0.3 of Dazuko. Thanks to a really great patch from Patrick Bihan-Faou, the FreeBSD 4 module is now capable of blocking ON_OPEN events for files that do not exist (preventing them from being created). This logic should work for the other platforms as well and I will be porting it over in the coming weeks.

With 2.0.3 also comes the official release of the Perl and Python versions of the Dazuko interface. This brings the number of officially supported languages to 4! (C, Java, Perl, Python)

Be sure to check out `configure --help' to see all the available configuration options. By default Makefile's will only be generated for the kernel module and the C library.

I have been diving deep into the code lately to isolate problem areas. Tomorrow I will be posting a pre-release for 2.1.0, which includes a new abstraction layer in userspace. I am also developing a "dummy kit" to help people who are interested in porting Dazuko to other platforms. Porting is actually quite easy, but without any good guidance, it seems overwhelming. (By the way, it is called dummy because it is a "do nothing", "no op", "dummy" module, not because it is for dummies. ;-) )

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer