Re: [Dazuko-devel] File access with download?

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] File access with download?
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 13:09:44 +0200

fred wu wrote:
>   If I download a file from internet to /home, only
> the /tmp will have file access and "rename" function
> will be taken place in /home, right?
>
>   Are there any ways to get the file path in /home?
> (ie. I don't need to have /tmp/oAbdEYCJK but I need
> /home/download.zip)

Hi,

For this to work, Dazuko would need to hook the rename() system call. This
would also require the dazuko_access structure to support 2 filenames (one
for the source and one for the destination).

This is a technically difficult task because Dazuko would receive the event
BEFORE the destination file exists. This is a problem for Dazuko since it
relies on inodes (of exising files) to resolve the true path name.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer