criawips-devel

Re: [devel] GOCollab, Peer-to-Peer collaborative document preperation.

From: Dom Lachowicz
Subject: Re: [devel] GOCollab, Peer-to-Peer collaborative document preperation.
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 05:46:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Martin,

I'm puzzled. It seems like you are talking about
things getting out of sync as if it were either
acceptable or unavoidable.

There are ways of coordinating activity so that
nothing gets out of sync.  One simple one goes back to
my kindergarden days - you must be the only person in
the room holding a particular token before you can
talk. When you're done talking, you give that token
back to the teacher so that someone else can talk. But
there are other solutions to this problem too.

I'd hate to see us create a mess for ourselves (and
our users), especially when solutions to the problem
are known in advance.

This message is also puzzingly cross-posted.

Best,
Dom

--- Martin Sevior <address@hidden>

http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~msevior/abiword/CollaborationFeature-4-2-Journal.zabw