Re: Static compile using csm question; how to add linked extension?

From: Matt Welland
Subject: Re: Static compile using csm question; how to add linked extension?
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 21:46:35 -0400

Yes, that worked and hyperscene.a was created, very cool!

I then discovered that neither libepoxy nor mesa have static libs installed on Ubuntu. After getting the source, installing over 20 additional libraries and figuring out how to turn on static compile it failed after an hour of compiling (crappy machine). So not quite successful yet but close enough to be worth trying again. Maybe setting up a guix box for this kind of work would be more sensible?

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to fix hyperscene.

Matt
-=-

On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 5:50 PM <felix.winkelmann@bevuta.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the simple.scm example from hypergiant statically
> using csm. Is this possible?

Hi, again!

Can you try the attached alternative .egg file for
hyperscene? Just invoke

    chicken-install -r hyperscene

and replace the .egg file with the one in this mail.
This should give you a static hyperscene build that
csm (hopefully) finds.

Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated.
It is hard to keep things simple. - Richard Branson.