Transducers v0.3.0 - R7RS edition

From: Jeremy Steward
Subject: Transducers v0.3.0 - R7RS edition
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 17:05:11 -0600

Hey all,

Just wanted to ping the list to tell you all that Transducers v0.3.0 should soon be available. This version won't mean much if you're already using the transducers egg in your code anywhere, because the main change is that I've transitioned the egg into an R7RS module. See:

<https://gitlab.com/ThatGeoGuy/chicken-transducers>

I haven't made this compatible with any other Scheme implementation yet, but if others want to upstream a patch to do so I'd be more than happy to review & accept it. :)

For now I'll leave the project name as `chicken-transducers` since that is part of the URL for the release-info file, but know that it is a full R7RS library and that it should be pretty easy to port as long as you have a few SRFIs available (srfi-1, srfi-133, srfi-143, srfi-160).

Looking into other active issues (<https://gitlab.com/ThatGeoGuy/chicken-transducers/-/issues>), I think I'll start seriously aiming to support transducers across more data types. I'd appreciate any feedback on which common Scheme eggs / data types are most useful to folks.

Otherwise, I'll keep hacking away. :)
--
Jeremy Steward