Re: Windows vs Linux Performance, windows host 4-6x slower than linux gu

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: Windows vs Linux Performance, windows host 4-6x slower than linux guest vm
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 21:55:50 +0200

Hello Mark,

> You'll have to bear with me here, as I haven't tried adding profiling
> before.
>
> I think I've got it done, but it only outputs at the function level, and
> the profile between the two platforms just seems to mirror a general
> difference in being slower on one platform.

The compilation options enable instrumentation-based profiling. There's
statistical profiling available when running executables with -:p which
might give you more useful data (see
https://www.more-magic.net/posts/statistical-profiling.html for more
infomation). Could you please try that one as well?

Vasilij