Re: Conditional include

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: Conditional include
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 11:20:30 -0400

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 10:16 AM Lassi Kortela <lassi@lassi.io> wrote:

R6RS implementations have a convention of appending the implementation's
name to the filename.
Best of all is the R7RS solution:

Oh, absolutely.  I didn't choose those four for no reason.  I wanted a pure R7 system, an R5+ system that supports cond-expand, a hybrid R5-R6 system, and a pure R6 system.  With those, it was easy to see how to extend it to any system, pretty much.  (The worst case is R5RS without cond-expand: in that case, you don't worry about the library and just load the implementation, possibly with a shim file.)