MDH, SRFI-167, and OKDB (Re: New egg: mdh)

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: MDH, SRFI-167, and OKDB (Re: New egg: mdh)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 10:00:50 +0200

Hello everyone!

I just stumbled upon Luke K. talk about MDH [0][1]. Indeed the talk is
great [2][3].

I considered MUMPS' database before diving into OKVS [4], and making
the SRFI-167 [5] proposal.

If I remember correctly, MUMPS and its database are integrated, that
is, in a MUMPS system the interaction with the database is almost
seamless or at least very easy. Well, it really looks like the MDH
egg!

As you might have figured out, I prefer OKVS. I started to rework
SRFI-167, as OKDB at:

   https://github.com/pre-srfi/okdb#status

Note: I just noticed that tree data structures and object stores are
not mentioned in the pre-SRFI.

What makes MUMPS more attractive than OKDB?

I do not want to spam the list, but if you have questions, feel free to ask.

[0] http://www.cs.uni.edu/~okane/
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUMPS
[2] http://wiki.call-cc.org/event/coding-jam-2021
[3]
http://call-cc.org/videos/coding-jam-2021/luke-Persistent-Variables-MUMPS-vp9-crf30.webm
[4] disclaimer: I created that page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordered_Key-Value_Store
[5] https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-167/

Original link to the egg for MUMPS database :
http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/mdh