Re: How to select a c compiler for chicken-install

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: How to select a c compiler for chicken-install
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 20:54:58 +0200

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 10:34:10 -0500 Andrew Eggenberger
<andrew.eggenberger@gmail.com> wrote:

> I used a gcc from macports to build and install chicken 5.2 from
> source on macosx. I'd like chicken-install to use the same c compiler
> for egg installation but it defaults to the xcode c compiler. I've
> tried numerous environment variables and options to no avail. Is there
> a way to set this manually?

You can specify the C compiler via the CSC_OPTIONS environment
variable.  Example:

$ CSC_OPTIONS="-cc the-c-compiler -ld the-linker -verbose" chicken-install
-verbose the-egg

You might also want to set the linker.  For that you can use the -ld
flag for csc.

The -verbose flags are optional, but might be helpful to see what
happens during the egg installation process.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario