Re: Trying to understand chicken limitations

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: Trying to understand chicken limitations
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 19:06:50 -0500

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 1:05 PM Iain Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

and I want to host a scheme environment in a C plugin using the Max SDK.

Chicken is a little tricky to use as an embedded Scheme, though it's very good at embedding C.  (Chez cannot be embedded at all; it has to be the main program.)

Guile is designed for embedding.  As for S7, I would use Chibi instead: it's more modern and probably faster.

John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        address@hidden
Economists were put on this planet to make astrologers look good.
        --Leo McGarry