Re: Path problem when trying to compile under Windows

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: Path problem when trying to compile under Windows
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 06:52:52 +0100

Hi Cleverson,
and welcome to the community!

I have only built Chicken for Win using msys2, but maybe I can help still.

How did you build Chicken? Are you building from cmd.exe? Is there any more output from csc that we can see? Please send full transcripts of your make and csc invokation.

Sometimes problems with your build setup doesn't show until you try to use it.

Did you read the Readme-section under Windows? In particular, the PREFIX is really picky:

> When installing under mingw, with a windows shell
>      ("cmd.exe"), pass an absolute pathname (including the
>            drive letter) as PREFIX and use forward slashes. If you
>            are building the sources from git, use backslashes to
>            specify the path to `chicken' (the "CHICKEN" variable).

It seems your path is missing a backslash in C:, I wonder if there is a forgottet escaped \ somewhere (one \ instead of two). Or maybe that's just msys pickery.

Your choice of PATH looks good to me.

K.