[Chicken-users] Nix shell with a non chicken project

From: David Smith
Subject: [Chicken-users] Nix shell with a non chicken project
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2018 14:45:47 +0000

I'm trying to get a nix shell environment working which has chicken with stone packages available. However the project is not a chicken project, it just needs the compiler to be available with the packages. I tried to use an eggDerivation as described inĀ https://nixos.org/nix-dev/2015-April/016869.html however it requires a src attribute. Since this is not a chicken project the are no chicken source files (they are generated by something else). How can I build a chicken environment with the packages I need available with nix shell?

Thanks,

David.