Re: [Chicken-users] pp and write ignore keyword-style

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pp and write ignore keyword-style
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:05:30 -0500

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 1:35 AM Sven Hartrumpf <address@hidden> wrote:

But my argument is about interoperability between implementations, e.g.
reading with Scheme implementation A code written by Scheme implementation B.

I fear that is a lost cause.  Of 22 Schemes that I tested, only 8 support keywords at all.  (Racket has something it calls keywords, but they are not self-evaluating or even expressions at all: only quoted keywords are expressions. They use SRFI 88 syntax.)

Each of the :foo and foo: styles are supported by most of the 9, whereas the SRFI-88 style was supported by only 4.  See https://bitbucket.org/cowan/r7rs-wg1-infra/src/default/KeywordSyntax.md for details

--
John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        address@hidden
Business before pleasure, if not too bloomering long before.