Re: [Chicken-users] Printing Problem

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Printing Problem
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 20:57:04 +0200

Hi Daniel!

* Daniel I Hong <address@hidden> [170714 20:47]:
> I just recently began using Chicken, and I ran into a problem
> when trying to write something to a file. Is there any function
> identical to 'write' from from the 'extras' unit, except it prints
> literal newlines (like how 'display' prints newlines) instead of
> '\n'? Or is there an easy way around this? Any help would be much
> appreciated. Thanks!

I am not sure whether I understand the problem at hand correctly.

(with-output-to-file "foo"
  (lambda ()
    (print "Hello World!")))

Using (display "foo) (newline) has the same effect. Is that what
you are looking for?

Kind regards!

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.