Re: [Chicken-users] Openssl with csc -deploy

From: Nick Van Horn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Openssl with csc -deploy
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 21:30:00 -0400

> Peter Bex <address@hidden> writes:
> At least in http-client there is no easy hook.  But perhaps you could
> tweak the sources of http-client to make openssl a hard dependency.
> Simply add (use openssl) and remove the definition of ssl-connect.

It seems like tweaking the source should work, but...

> Evan Hanson <address@hidden> writes:
> ...so for now can you just try adding
> `chicken-install -i foo` to your build process and see if this works?

This indeed solves the problem for now, without having to tweak any
other packages. Thanks for the tip Evan!

In summary to those who may come later, I am able to successfully deploy
my application by:

    $ csc -deploy foo
    $ chicken-install -i foo
    $ chicken-install -deploy -p foo http-client openssl

Thanks again for the help Peter and Evan!

Cheers,
Nick