Re: [Chicken-users] scheme prompt in a browser?

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] scheme prompt in a browser?
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 20:00:35 +0200

Hi Jim,

I don't know if you were looking for other _javascript_ interpreters, but there's repl.it, which has a Scheme interpreter based on BiwaScheme: http://repl.it/languages/Scheme. May be helpful for your students.

K.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:26:52 +0200 Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Hefferon, James S." <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I want to put up a page that gives my students a Scheme prompt in
>> their browser.  I've seen it done on a couple of sites but I've
>> enjoyed using Chicken.  Is it possible, say with Spock?  I've had no
>> luck Googling for it.
>
> It may need some work but you could use the already existing awful
> weprepl or slap a web interface around an nrepl.

There's also this omelette recipe from Gazette 10:
http://gazette.call-cc.org/issues/10.html#omelette-recipes---tips-and-tricks

It's a bit old and uses html-tags, which is going to become obsolete in
a near future (it would be nice to port it to SXML), but it still works
with the current awful.  The UI is pretty simple, though.

Differently from the awful web-repl, it uses the sandbox egg for safe
evaluation of expressions.  The awful web-repl will run anything you
type, so it can be a bit dangerous in some contexts.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario