Re: [Chicken-users] call-cc.org services down

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] call-cc.org services down
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:45:55 -0400

Hi Jörg,

On 07 Jun 2012 12:25:52 +0200 Jörg F. Wittenberger <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Jun 6 2012, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
>
>>Several services ({wiki,paste,code,bugs}.call-cc.org) are down at the
>>moment due to a server outage.  We are working to fix things and bring
>>them back as soon as possible.
>
> Out of curiosity: since I'm running askemos.org on a redundant network
> (five of nodes thanks to chicken!): what infrastructure is required
> for those services?  Maybe I could host a copy.

Thanks for your interest in contributing.

wiki.call-cc.org and paste.call-cc.org basically depend only on CHICKEN
and the eggs required for qwiki (http://wiki.call-cc.org/egg/qwiki) and
pastiche (http://wiki.call-cc.org/egg/pastiche). www.call-cc.org is a
simple static page served by spiffy.

code.call-cc.org and bugs.call-cc.org are a bit more complicated, since
they depend on subversion, henrietta-cache, git and trac, at least.
Subversion and the bugs database would better be set as read-only in
case of a temporary failure of the main server, so we can minimize
inconsistencies (or the work to keep data consistent).  Since we have
kitten-technologies as the main egg server (code.call-cc.org is
secondary) and api.call-cc.org (documentation for the core system and
eggs), we have some sort of redudancy of the critical services.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario