[Chicken-users] Bignums in core

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: [Chicken-users] Bignums in core
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 19:20:59 -0700

On Oct 2, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 00:30 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
Kon Lovett scripsit:

Possible is adding a int64_t heap type. But involves hitting every
piece of code that any extension of the core number system would.

Indeed.  If we're going to do that, I'd rather go with core bignums
after all, perhaps from LibTomMath (which is dedicated to the public
domain by its author), and dispose of the issue once and for all.

Something like this is surely my preference too.

Not sure what is desired. I am guessing the full numeric tower is the real concern. If only large-ish integers then the current use of integer flonum limit of +-9007199254740992 should be good for awhile.

Best Wishes,
Kon