[Chicken-users] srfi-19

From: David N Murray
Subject: [Chicken-users] srfi-19
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 16:02:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I'm a noob to Scheme & Chicken, so forgive me if this is really trivial,
but I'm struggling mightily.

# csi
CHICKEN
(c)2008-2009 The Chicken Team
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
Version 4.1.0 - SVN rev. 15292
openbsd-unix-gnu-x86-64 [ 64bit manyargs dload ptables applyhook ]
compiled 2009-08-28 on kili.jsbsystems.com (OpenBSD)

#;1> (require-extension srfi-19)

Error: (import) during expansion of (import ...) - cannot import from
undefined module: srfi-19
#;1> ^D

# chicken-install srfi-19
retrieving ...
connecting to host "chicken.kitten-technologies.co.uk", port 80 ...
requesting "/henrietta.cgi?name=srfi-19" ...
[snip]
reading files ...
Error: [Server] no such extension or version
"srfi-19"
#f

Google finds me:
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/srfi-19.html
where I can download the raw .egg.   I figure out that the .egg is just a
.tgz, untar it and based on this
(http://www.irp.oist.jp/trac/chicken/ticket/36) I figure out how to
install the resulting directory.  chicken-install is cool, in that it
figures out the dependencies and downloads them, if they're there.

I'm back at the exact same point for misc-extn and srfi-29 (not in the
repository) and lookup-tables is found, but the install complains about
missing files (type-errors.html, type-checks.html and
conditions.import.scm).

Am I completely missing something here?

TIA,
Dave