Re: [Chicken-users] make-parameter, parameterize & SRFI-39

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] make-parameter, parameterize & SRFI-39
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:08:55 -0400

Jörg F. Wittenberger scripsit:

> Nevertheless, I need shared parameters in an existing application to
> pass global configuration items around.

Shared parameters are just global variables.  If you want to have a
parameterize macro, just use the global variable to hold a list
and push something on the list at the beginning and pop it from the end.

> Valid, but I'm unsure that I can do that.  Most code is compiled.  If
> this modified "eval" needs to interact with compiled code we are exactly
> back where we are: tell the tread system to change the continuation of
> the victim thread to something to inform it about asynchronous reasons.

You should never be executing untrusted compiled code.  For that matter,
you should never be compiling untrusted code with any Lisp or Scheme
compiler, given the ability to run arbitrary code at compile time
through the macro system.

--
John Cowan   <address@hidden>   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
One time I called in to the central system and started working on a big