Re: [Chicken-users] win32 chicken

From: Malcolm Sharpe
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] win32 chicken
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:44:18 -0800

Matthew David Parker wrote:

Hello I've been trying several times over to compile chicken 2.207 for
win32.  I've tried using MSYS and mingw using the instructions in this
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/chicken-users/2005-09/msg00154.html

That method got pretty far but it got to compiling everything into the one
chicken library at the end, and it spewed out pages of errors, mostly that
looked like this:

undefined reference to '_imp__C_temporary_stack'

So then I tried the other instructions for using the native visual C++
windows compiler, using the developers toolkit 1.1, and it got pretty far,
but it gave me a bunch of errors finally about my ws2tcpip.h file, which I
don't understand, because that's a native windows header file.

If anyone knows any other instructions that I must follow please tell me.
I followed the instructions in vctk-install.txt perfectly.

Also, I don't really care if I compile it myself, I just need chicken to
be running in windows, so is there anyone that wants to make available
win32 binaries of chicken-2.2 or better?

Matt

(On an interesting side note, I got chicken to compile for ARM on my
little sharp zaurus PDA, so if anyone wants arm binaries I've got them)