Re: [Chicken-users] Objective-C interface (sort of...)

From: Raffael Cavallaro
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Objective-C interface (sort of...)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:53:51 -0500

On Nov 24, 2005, at 12:08 PM, Thomas Chust wrote:

It should, but it never did for me... After all the failed attempts, I have

developed a certain dislike for the libffi library ;)

I can second this negative view of libffi. I have never gotten it to work on Mac OS X despite several attempts over the years. This is one of those areas where things taken for granted in the unix/linux world simply don't hold true on Mac OS X. Apple doesn't provide libffi with their Mac OS X Developer Tools even though it is distributed with gcc now and Apple's whole tool chain is based on gcc. I think it would be best to base any Objective-C interface on tools and libraries that ship Apple's Developer Tools installation. That way it would be more likely to work without issue and to not break the next time Apple upgraded their OS.

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.