[Chicken-users] s11n egg, futures and svn repo

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] s11n egg, futures and svn repo
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:20:57 +0100

Hello!

There is an experimental egg avilable for serialization and de-serialization
of arbitrary data:

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/s11n.html

It passes a few tests and seems to handle continuations ok.
Using this extension needs CHICKEN 2.207, configured with the
--enable-procedure-tables option.

Any suggestion and bug-reports welcome.

The "futures" egg provides a simple multithreading API, similar
to the one available in Kawa.

There is now a subversion repository, generously made available by
Alejandro. Access it like this:

  $ svn co https://secure.afc.no-ip.info/svn/chicken-eggs

  (login "anonymous", password is "")

Once Alejandro is back and finds the time, I'd like to add anybody who
is interested to the list of people that are given write-access to the
repository. I just need an encrypted password, which can be generated
by invoking:

  $ openssl passwd -apr1