Re: [Chicken-users] The .setup file

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] The .setup file
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 07:39:35 +0100

On 11/2/05, Pupeno <address@hidden> wrote:
> I see that when you install an extension with chicken-setup it generates a
> extension-name.setup file on the .../lib/chicken/ directory (along with
> extension-name.so). Well, I have generate the .so using SCons (an awesome
> building tool that I like a lot! :) and now I need some way to generate
> extension-name.setup, is that possible ? maybe calling chicken-setup with
> some parameters ?

You can generate it yourself quite easily: just create a list
containing lists in the directory given by `chicken-setup -repository'
(or call `(repository-path)'). Mostly, you just have to take care of three
properties:

(files LIST-OF-ABSOLUTE-FILENAMES ...)
(documentation HTMLFILE)  ; optional
(syntax)       ; means this is a syntax-extension
(require-at-runtime SYMBOL)   ; a separate extension (or .so) that is to be
                  ; `require'd at runtime.