[Chicken-users] home for egg-repository needed...

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] home for egg-repository needed...
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:06:09 +0200

Hello, everybody!

Since I'm spending way too much time with patching eggs (and
since I'm messing this up once in a while), I'd like to put the eggs
into a public RCS, with automated updates of the main egg-repository
on call/cc.org with commit-rights given away far and wide, so that
egg-developers and/or chicken-users can fix bugs and extend
eggs with minimum hassle.

Alejandro suggested a subversion server and had other very interesting
ideas (Wiki-generated docs, etc.), but first and foremost the eggs
must be put into revision control (darcs or svn or even cvs, but
please no arch).

Now the final question: would anybody be willing to spare some server-space
for this? I need a server that holds the source-repo and runs a csi script
on every commit that ftp's changed eggs to call/cc.org.

I have the necessary scripts and sources (nearly) ready and we should be
able to move everything quickly to a new home. The development process
and the overall quality of the extensions (as well as adding new ones)
will be significantly sped up, hopefully.