Re: [Chicken-users] Significant overhead to simple-macros?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Significant overhead to simple-macros?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:52:19 +0200

Hi, Raffael!

I think this is not related to optimizations, after all.
Simple macros is pretty big and the numbers code is quite
memory intensive/allocation happy, so we have more data
in the heap (simple macros) and loads of GC's (numbers).

Adding

(eval '(require-extension simple-macros))

to the non-simple-macro version of fib-iter resulted
in roughly the same speed/slowness (evaluating it just
loads it, the compiled code still executes without
doing any module-related things in this case).