[Chicken-users] Conflict between simple-macros and other extensions?

From: Raffael Cavallaro
Subject: [Chicken-users] Conflict between simple-macros and other extensions?
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:35:35 -0400

Using the latest 2.2 release, with (or without) the hash patch, if I compile the simple-macros egg and try to use it and, for example the posix extension, I get odd errors:

rafg5:/scheme raffaelc$ csi
  _______   _     __
/ ___/ /  (_)___/ /_____ ___
/ /__/ _ \/ / __/  '_/ -_) _ \
\___/_//_/_/\__/_/\_\\__/_//_/

Version 2, Build 2 - macosx-unix-gnu-ppc - [ dload ]
(c)2000-2005 Felix L. Winkelmann
#;1> (require-extension simple-macros)
#;2> (use posix)
#;3> (current-directory)
Error: unbound variable: current-directory#top
#;3>

This all works fine if I don't load simple-macros:

rafg5:/scheme raffaelc$ csi
  _______   _     __
/ ___/ /  (_)___/ /_____ ___
/ /__/ _ \/ / __/  '_/ -_) _ \
\___/_//_/_/\__/_/\_\\__/_//_/

Version 2, Build 2 - macosx-unix-gnu-ppc - [ dload ]
(c)2000-2005 Felix L. Winkelmann
#;1> (use posix)
#;2> (current-directory)
"/Users/raffaelc/Developer/scheme"
#;3>

or even if I load simple-macros.scm but not the compiled extension:

rafg5:~/Developer/scheme/tonder/www.het.brown.edu/people/andre/macros/ implementation/version 2.1 raffaelc$ csi
  _______   _     __
/ ___/ /  (_)___/ /_____ ___
/ /__/ _ \/ / __/  '_/ -_) _ \
\___/_//_/_/\__/_/\_\\__/_//_/

Version 2, Build 2 - macosx-unix-gnu-ppc - [ dload ]
(c)2000-2005 Felix L. Winkelmann
#;1> (load "simple-macros.scm")
#;2> (use posix)
#;3> (current-directory)
"/Users/raffaelc/Developer/scheme/tonder/www.het.brown.edu/people/ andre/macros/implementation/version 2.1"
#;4>

BTW, it doesn't matter what order I load posix and the simple-macros extension - it's broken both ways.

Additionally, even with just the simple-macros extension loaded, the tests in simple-macros-tests.scm now fail, while they pass if I just load simple-macros.scm in the interpreter instead of using the compiled extension generated by the simple-macros egg.

Any thoughts? Or am I missing something I should have seen in the docs for simple-macros?

regards,

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
address@hidden