[Chicken-users] Strange parameters in the runtime library

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: [Chicken-users] Strange parameters in the runtime library
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:18:08 -0000

Hello,

I just found the following prototype in chicken.h:

C_fctexport void C_apply(C_word c, C_word closure, C_word k, C_word fn, ...) C_noret;

I wondered why on earth there was a closure parameter and a fn parameter. Reading the sourcecode of runtime.c carefully reveiled that the closure parameter is apparently not used at all, so what is the reason for its existence?

Ciao,
Thomas