[Chicken-users] Will chicken scheme compile DEC's EZD

From: Dirk Pesch
Subject: [Chicken-users] Will chicken scheme compile DEC's EZD
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:59:40 +0100

Dear chicken user community,

I am trying to compile DEC's EazyDraw (EZD), a graphics engine on top of X
Windows written in Scheme that was developed by DEC's WRL around 1990/91.
They had there own scheme to C compiler to compile EZD but I have had
serious trouble getting this one to compile under a recent version of LINUX
and therefore thought I might try Chicken Scheme to C as an alternative. As
I am no expert of Scheme I fear that getting DEC's schemeto C running is
beyond my capabilities.
I would really like to revive the EZD tool as I have a simulation class
library with an interface for graphical output through EZD.

I would be grateful for any advice, experience, etc that may help before I
try to get Chicken Scheme going myself.

thanks in advance for the help

best regards
Dirk

Dr. Dirk Pesch
Adaptive Wireless Systems Group
Department of Electronic Engineering
Cork Institute of Technology
Rossa Avenue, Cork, Ireland
Tel.  +353 21 432 6377
FAX.  +353 21 432 6625
E-mail: address@hidden

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal
and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please
contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of
reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not
guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not
liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and
complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay
in its receipt.