Re: [Chicken-users] Tiny C Compiler

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Tiny C Compiler
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:26:34 +0200

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:55:16 -0500 (CDT), William Annis <address@hidden> wrote:

>One interesting application would be some kind of "sub"-scheme, a simple >dialect, perhaps statically typed, that can be used for those
>performance critical number crunching.

Do a literature search on "prescheme" or the VLisp project.
There are online papers in various places, but I don't know if all of
them are accessible when you're not on our university network. :)

In any case, prescheme is just this sort of tiny, scheme-like
language good for writing lower level stuff.

Yes, I'm aware of Prescheme. But (AFAIK) it's really not that tiny: it does
quite a lot of static analysis and optimization. But I don't really know,
I only now the paper by Kelsey (?).