Re: [Chicken-users] SRFI-43 (aka vector-lib)

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SRFI-43 (aka vector-lib)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:16:13 +0200

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:57:57 -0500 (CDT), William Annis <address@hidden> wrote:

Is anyone working on chickenizing the reference implementation for
this SRFI?  I've been doing more and more basic statistical code in
chicken, and having things like vector-reduce has become vital.

If no one else is working on this, I'll start in on the translation.
It works just fine now, but for compiling using the native chicken
argument checking might be better.

That would be cool, indeed. If you need any help, please tell me.
The way I handle the argument checking normally is via calls to
`(##sys#check-... ARG LOCATION)'. Procedure checks are not strictly
necessary (every call does that unless in unsafe mode), though.
Also, if there are certain procedures that have to be heavily bummed,
we can write some code in inline C.